Structural Health Monitoring (SHM) is a non-destructive in situ damage detection process for critical industrial and infrastructure assets. It integrates sensors into the target structure and allows continuous monitoring while the structure is still in service. It enables operators to identify the damage without the expense or time required to take the structure out of service, then disassemble and manually inspect it.
Powered with the latest smart sensor technologies and analytical algorithms, our real-time SHM solutions are capable of
- Detecting the existence of the damages on the structure
- Locating the damages
- Identifying the type and size of the damages
- Predicting the life expectancy of the structure
The Structural Health Monitoring solutions can be applied into a wide range of applications, including trains, ships, aircraft, oil refineries, gas utilities, pipelines, power plants, chemical processing plants, bridges, tunnels, high-riser buildings, and other capital-intensive assets.
Our mission is to provide the best Structural Health Monitoring solutions to increase safety and longevity of the critical assets and reduce downtime by optimizing operation and maintenance activities. This provides bottom-line savings and risk mitigation for our customers.
Improving Structure Safety
- Continuous in-situ monitoring to enable immediate response to avoid accidents
- Acurate damage detections with multi-dimesion sensor data and advanced analytics
- Detecting damage in early stage to enable proactive response
Optimizing Operation and Maintenance
- Replacing schedule-driven maintenance with condition-based maintenance
- Eliminating or reducing the need of disassemble and manual inspection
- Reducing down time
- Saving of costs and time
Maximizing Asset Value
- Increasing Asset Longevity
- Eliminating and reducing unnecessary scheduled replacement of components
- Extending service life with on-demand maintenance
- Predicting service life with prognostic analytics
- Extension of major overhaul cycle
Ultrasound-based Structural Health Monitoring
Ultrasonic scanning is the most effective in-situ non-destructive detection method. It integrates a grid of piezoelectric transducers into the target structure, sends and receives ultrasonic pulses, and analyzes changes in wave patterns to identify and describe structure conditions, both internally and on the surface.
Our patent pending technologies also uses other sensors with various sensing capabilities, such as temperature, accelerations, angular speeds, strains, pressures, to further analyze the structural behaviors and conditions to give the most accurate structural damage information.
Structural Health Monitoring System
Features and Highlights
Best ultrasound signal quality in the industry
High signal-to-noise ratio
High dynamic range
High sampling rate
High precision in A/D and D/A conversion
Long transmission distance
Patent-pending mechanically strengthened ultrasonic transducers
Compact and light weight
Easy to install
Advanced damage detection algorithms